This is the second and final vehicle guide for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it’s all about those flying things in the sky, so everybody GET TO THE CHOPPA!
Due to the success of the Class Guides I’ve decide to make some vehicle guides for Battlefield Bad Company 2. These will be split into two guides in total: a land vehicle guide and an aircraft guide. I’ve decided not to include the two water vehicles due to their lack of presence within the game.
This first guide will cover all types of land vehicles: tanks, jeeps, ATVs etc.
This is the final guide for BFBC2, it will cover the sniper or the recon class as it is called in the game. Recon is you long range class, the primary weapon is a sniper rifle however you also have C4 or a mortar designator. This class can therefore be used against infantry or vehicles however it is more geared towards taking out infantry.
Best Sniper Rifle
The M95 without a doubt is the most powerful bold-action rifle in the game, it has unrivaled stopping power and nearly double the range of the M24 sniper rifle. However if you haven’t unlocked it I’d go for the GOL or M24 which are essentially powered down versions of the M95 but are quicker to unlock. There is also a range of semi-automatic snipers but they tend to be more effective at medium range.
Long Range King: M95 w/ M1191 and mortar designator. Specifications: 12x High Power Scope, Magnum Ammo, Vehicle Optics Package
Medium Range Sniper: Any semi-auto sniper w/M1191 and C4. Specifications: Red Dot Sight, Magnum Ammo, Any Weapons Package
5 Top Tips
- Compensate for gravity, the bullet will drop when fired at long range, aim above you target to get good headshots.
- “Spot” enemies. when aiming at an enemy press Select (PS3) or Down (Xbox 360) to spot them. This puts an orange arrow above them and puts them on your team-mates’ mini-map. Not only is it useful for letting your team-mates know where enemies are but you get points if your team-mates kill someone you spotted. It’s also a great way of keeping track of enemies yourself.
- You’ve got a pistol too, get down to the enemy base and plant some C4 on those M-Com stations.
- After every kill change position. After someone has been killed they get a screen of their killer, and that means they’ll most likely be able to tell where you are. So in order not to get shot my the guy you just killed, move around a little.
- If you have the mortar designator equipped use it wisely. Don’t just randomly aim it at somewhere you think enemies might be because reload times are long. Also don’t aim it at the building your team-mates are in or at cover they may be using, if you collapse a building with team-mates in you’ll get team kills and they sure as hell won’t be happy
That’s it for the BFBC2 Class guides. Please leave comments telling me what you thought or strategies you use.
This is the third BFBC2 guide for the Medic. The Medic is easily the most important member of the team and most often the top player. His primary weapon is an LMG and he comes complete with medic packs that heal team-mates and a defibrillator that can revive downed comrades.
The MG36 is by far the best LMG, not only does it sport a good rate of fire and accuracy but also comes standard with a red dot sight meaning you won’t have to waste a specialisation slot one get one. An alternate may be the M60. It is a little less accurate and slower but it has far greater stopping power.
The Doctor: Any LMG w/any pistol, defib pack and medic kit. Specialisations: Medic Kit Improved Heal, Medic Kit Improved Range, Any Vehicles Package
Gunner: MG36 W/any pistol, defib pack and medic kit. Specialisations: Marksman LMG Training, Ammo Bandolier, Any Aehicle Package
5 Top Tips
- Keep and eye out on your mini-map for downed team-mates or ones in need of healing, that’s the way to be best on your team.
- When using the LMG fire only in bursts and while stationary, otherwise you won’t hit much.
- Place medic packs at gun emplacements or next to snipers. Even though it may not be needed that moment, odds are it will be eventually.
- Do your best to get to downed team-mates but don’t run out into the open right in the path of an enemy tank. Be smart and choose when it isn’t worth it.
- You can kill enemies with your defibrillator, very useful if you get caught while reviving team-mates.
Thats this class guide finished, look out for the next one, Recon.
This is the second class guide for the enginner. He’s the guy that deals with vehicles on the battlefield; both freindly and enemy. His primary weapon is an SMG while his gadgets include an RPG, AT mines and a repair tool.
The UMP is my personal favourite, it may not have the highest rate of fire but it is one of the most accurate SMGs in the game, with a scope and burst fire it can easily be used at medium range. But if you want something to take down targets a little quicker I’d go for the UZI, it has a very high rate of fire and maintains some accuracy.
Anti-Vehicle – Any SMG w/tracer dart and the RPG-7 . Specilisations: Improved Demolitions, Explosives Leg Pouch, any vehicle upgrade
Inflitrator – UZI w/ tracer dart and any type of RPG. Specialisations: Marksman SMG training, Ammo Hip Bandolier, Smoke Counter measure package
5 Top Tips
- Learn to use your tracer dart properly. Firstly lock on before you fire, to do this aim at the red square until it thickens and you get a distance reading. Also remember the warhead will go straight for the target, so if there is some terrain in the way aim around it, the tracer system will do the rest.
- Always fix friendly vehicles, not only will it make life a lot harder for you enemy but you will get loads of points from doing it.
- Place AT mines wisely, don’t put them in some random spot, place them on a main road for the best effect. Also remember it only takes 2-3 to take down a heavy tank.
- Your SMGs have silencers, meaning they can be useful when trying to work your way to an M-Com station and not relying on your knife.
- When trying to plant a tracer on a helicopter wait for when it pauses or comes in close to the ground. Its next to ipossible to trace one from a long distance so don’t bother.
There is my advice for the Engineer class, the next guide is for the Medic.
This is the first in 4 class guides for Battlefield Bad Company 2: Assault, Enginner, Medic, Recon. Each will feature my 5 top tips for playing with that class as well as some general information and best weapons and combinations to use.
The Assault class is your primary all rounder, he can carry a variety of assault rifles which you can equip under barrel attachments to: a grenade launcher, a smoke grenade launcher and a shotgun. You can also give out ammo to you fellow team-mates.
Best Assault Rifle
It has to be the M16, the burst fire makes it super accurate as well as having a good amount of stopping power. However this is the last weapon you unlock, before that I would suggest using the AUG. Its fully automatic but has a hight rate of fire for a weapon that is fairly accurate.
Accurate Assault: M16 or AUG w/ M1191 and 40mm Grenade Launcher. specialisations: Red Dot Sight, Magnum Ammo, Vehicle Optics
M-Com Attacker: Any weapon other than an assault rifle w/M1191 and C4. Specialstations: Improved Demolitions, Explosives Leg Pouch, Improved Warhead Package
5 Top Tips
- Burst fire. Just tap the trigger when firing at medium to long range, it makes you so much more accurate.
- Hand out ammo to you team, set it down next to people or in crowded buildings and watch the points role in.
- Remember selecting a weapon that is not an assault rifle in the assault class will replace your under barrel attachment with C4, perfect for destroying tanks and M-Com stations.
- Avoid tanks, your grenade launcher won’t do much against it’s armour and you probably end up dead. If you’ve got C4 go for it but otherwise stay away.
- When firing grenades compensate for gravity by aiming way above you target, grenades drop sharply compared to bullets.
Those are my tips, watch out for the next class guide, Enginner.