I recently acquired Far Cry 3 and let me tell you, this game is nothing short of amazing. With an engaging story, solid gameplay, and likable characters, Far Cry 3 takes itself directly to the number 1 spot of my GOTY 2012 list.
One of Far Cry 3’s strengths is it’s pure insanity. I do believe I’ve captured that insanity in this short bit of gameplay that quickly jumped to record whilst playing. Please, enjoy.
As you can see, this game is “the shit”.
Today is the second part of my Desktop Building Project. Today, I have finalized an “Impulse Reserve” of $200 just in case any one of the items I am going to buy or any item better than what I want goes on sale. This should help with the final price of the computer. Yesterday I saw a 750 watt power supply for 80 bucks, and that’s what triggered me to create this impulse fund.
Anyway, thanks for reading and stay tuned.
A few days ago (about 3) I decided, spot of the moment, that I am going to build an awesome gaming computer. After going through some financial research, I decided to go through with it. I read up on building a computer and, to my belief, it is a whole lot cheaper building a PC than buying one. I started my trek on Newegg, where I found most of the parts I needed. I searched the whole of the internet for better deals on PC parts, but there wasn’t many websites that came close. I then went to tiger direct, chose something from there, Best Buy for a monitor, and Razer for a keyboard.
I then put all the parts I want to buy on an excel spreadsheet and tallied the cost. It ended up being $1,410 including shipping and handling. Hmm, I thought, that’s pretty cheap. So I went to Alienware, built a computer with the same specs on the Dell website and the final cost for that PC was $5,130!
Even though I do not have the money right now, I will be buying each part separately as soon as I get money in. I will be updating this story whenever I hit a milestone in the project. I will be posting the parts I am ordering soon. Say tuned.
Hold on to your hats, WoW fans, because Blizzard has just announced that there will be a jam packed Collectors Edition for the new installment of WoW, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The pack will include:
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraftdevelopment team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft(R) retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
Yeah, I agree, that is some pretty cool stuff. And how can you get this amazing package, you ask? Well you can get it at any retail store (that sells games, of course) for only…wait for it…$79.99! A pretty good price for this whole deal if you ask me. The release date has not officially been announced, but check back for details!
Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft. This is basically what you are hearing all over the internet. So much rave, so much hype over an RTS called Starcraft 2. Why? You ask. Why is this game so big. It is so big because it is one of the most anticipated, most well done, most taken care of games in the history of the universe. And all this hype has resulted in Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty to be the best selling RTS and the biggest PC launch of the year. Find out why after the jump. Continue Reading
The RTSs of all RTSs has finally been released. Some of you may be thinking, “why all the hype? It’s just an RTS.” Well, I am about to go inside the game and tell you why Starcraft 2 may or may not be the tide changer for you. Hit the jump for the review. JUMP!
This is just an experimental thing but we are going to try to get to know our readers with the old fashion gamernights. We will try to keep the gamernights every Saturday at around 8 o’ clock central standard time. This weekend the game will be Battlefield Bad Company 2. I, corgon67 will be hosting the PC side. That is all we have for now, if you would like to host the 360 or PS3 gamernight just comment in this post. Also comment to sign up. To sign up all we need is your Steam ID, Gamertag, or PSN ID. My Steam Name is -G.I.N- Corgon67, or you can probably find me under just corgon67.
UPDATE:Jordan the hobo will be having a gamer night on the 360 for BC2. I’ll most likely start it around 11pm EST. Any other suggestions for games to play? Leave a comment below